Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 824709
[kde] Libreoffice Calc locks keyboard when displaying a dialog window
Last modified: 2015-07-13 13:36:40 EDT
Description of problem:
When I work in Libreoffice Calc, it frequently happens that I open a dialog window (for example the dialog used to change the width of a column), make some edits, close the dialog, and then Libreoffice locks the keyboard. I am then unable to re-activate the keyboard, but I can use the mouse to shut down Libreoffice and restart.
1) I have ibus configured in the im-chooser, with English and Japanese activated as input methods.
2) When the problem occurs, the keyboard is only locked in Libreoffice. I can use the mouse to switch to a non-Libreoffice window (e.g. a Konsole) and there the keyboard continues to work.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
It happens about every second time I use a dialog.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use the im-chooser to configure ibus. Enable English and the mozc method for Japanese
2. Restart X to ensure the ibus methods are fully loaded (there is no need to actually type anything in Japanese)
3. Open a spreadsheet in Calc
4. Right-click a column header and select the option to modify the column width
5. Modify the width and click OK
6. If that does not trigger the bug, repeat 4 and 5 a few times
The keyboard is locked and only the mouse is left.
No keyboard locking.
Notes: I use the language packs for Japanese, and have the environment set to the Japanese locale. I don't think that is necessary to reproduce the bug, though.
kde or gnome ? KDE I'm guessing from the konsole comment ?
Sorry for omitting this. Yes, KDE 4.8.3.
I wonder if this and bug 825067 are related
They may be related. I have seen the problem described in 825067 on my system, too. I'll try uninstalling libreoffice-kde, as suggested there, on Monday.
I received an update to libreoffice-kde-184.108.40.206-3.fc17.x86_64 today, but that did not solve the problem.
However, after erasing libreoffice-kde altogether, indeed the keyboard is not locked anymore after using dialog windows, even after switching between input methods a lot. So the bug seems to be related to 825067 at least to the extent that they are both caused by libreoffice-kde, or an interaction of the input method with it.