Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 824735
window2003 source machine with cciss storage driver hit "error loading operating system" after converted to libvirt.
Last modified: 2014-12-30 10:18:01 EST
Description of problem:
Both 32 and 64 bit of window2003 source machine with cciss storage driver hit "error loading operating system" after converted to libvirt. Conversion is successful but the guest can not load OS.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Prepared source machine with cciss storage driver and install windows-2003-x86_64 OS or windows-2003-x86 OS, make sure it works fine.
2. Download the virt-p2v iso from brewweb.
3. Boot the source machine with virt-p2v from pxe,input the ip and password of conversion server,convert it to libvirt.
4. After convert successfully, boot the guest by virsh command or virt-manager.
5. Use virt-manager open the console.
Display "error loading operating system", guest can not start normally.
Guest can load OS normally.
Hit the same issue after convert to rhevm and import to NFS/ISCSI/FC
Upload relative log:
# virt-inspector --perl /home/p2v-jwu/jwu-cciss-2003-64b-cciss_c0d0 > jwu-cciss-2003-64b_prev_inspect.log
# virsh dumpxml jwu-cciss-2003-64b > jwu-cciss-2003-64b.xml
Created attachment 586553 [details]
Created attachment 586554 [details]
Created attachment 586555 [details]
Created attachment 586556 [details]
This request was not resolved in time for the current release.
Red Hat invites you to ask your support representative to
propose this request, if still desired, for consideration in
the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
This request was erroneously removed from consideration in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4, which is currently under development. This request will be evaluated for inclusion in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4.
Development Management has reviewed and declined this request.
You may appeal this decision by reopening this request.