Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 826860
Help rootnoverify info show in grub when edit kernel command line if install RHEV-H via livecd
Last modified: 2016-04-26 10:19:04 EDT
Description of problem:
Help rootnoverify info show in grub when edit kernel command line if install RHEV-H via livecd.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Make livecd to usb via command
"rhevh-iso-to-disk --format rhevh-6.3-20120523.1.el6.iso /dev/sdb"
2. Boot from usb and install RHEV-H.
3. Reboot RHEV-H.
4. Enter grub menu, press "e" key to edit kernel command line.
5. Input "rescue" or hold down any key always.
1. Help rootnoverify info show in grub when edit kernel command line.
2. This issue only occurs when install RHEV-H via licecd, no such issue if install RHEV-H via PXE.
3. For enter "rescue" mode, you need press "c" key in grub for a command-line, and press "Esc" key return to grub, and then press "e" key can edit kernel command line correctly.
Help rootnoverify info:
Similar to `root', but don't attempt to mount the partition. This
is useful for when an OS is outside of the area of the disk that
GRUB can read, but setting the correct root device is still
desired. Note that the items mentioned in `root' which derived
from attempting the mount will NOT work correctly.
Input information can show correctly.
No such issue in rhevh-6.3-20120509.1.el6, so it is a regression bug.
Let me see if I can summarize the problem differently
drop to grub menu
highlight kernel line
try to edit the kernel line by pressing 'e'
--> get a dump of output with info on rootnoverify
Is this accurate?
Does this happen on 20120531.0?
(In reply to comment #2)
> Let me see if I can summarize the problem differently
> Install rhevh
> drop to grub menu
> highlight kernel line
> try to edit the kernel line by pressing 'e'
> --> get a dump of output with info on rootnoverify
> Is this accurate?
The steps are correct, but need install rhevh via USB.
No such issue if install rhevh via PXE.
> Does this happen on 20120531.0?
It can reproduced on rhev-hypervisor6-6.3-20120531.0.el6.
Joey, can you please review my doc_text, and edit if necessary?
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.