Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 827191
Cannot dismiss rhsm-icon pop up dialog
Last modified: 2014-01-03 15:14:46 EST
Description of problem:
When you unsubscribe from any subscriptions while you are fully compliant, you get a black pop up dialog from the rhsm-icon telling you about your change in compliance status. You cannot click the X button or in the black area to dismiss this.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install a Spankin' Fresh (TM) copy of subscription manager on RHEL6.3
2. Register, and become fully compliant (to simplify things I used a single 69.pem product and a single subscription)
3. Open the subscription-manager-gui
4. Unregister from something using the GUI, or use subscription-manager unsubscribe --all
- You get a status pop-up/notification that you can dismiss but only pops up over and over until the timer runs out.
- Sometimes you get two notifications showing at once when you try to close one.
- You get a notification even if the GUI is already up.
1) If you click the X on the notification, It goes away for good (until another status change)
2) If you click anywhere in the black or main face of the notification it pops up subscription-manager-gui and goes away for good (this is a regression - it used to work this way)
3) If the GUI is already open, you do not get a notification at all. The GUI itself lets you know your status already and its redundant.
Created attachment 588194 [details]
This request was not resolved in time for the current release.
Red Hat invites you to ask your support representative to
propose this request, if still desired, for consideration in
the next release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
I haven't been able to reproduce point 1 and 2 at all.
Point 3 is valid, but since its not a regression and will take a bit of work, I say we postpone it for 5.9.
JC, are you still able to reproduce this? I'm using the nightly built on May 30:
]# rpm -q subscription-manager python-rhsm
Moving to 5.9 as discussed on the mailing list
This request was evaluated by Red Hat Product Management for inclusion
in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux release. Product Management has
requested further review of this request by Red Hat Engineering, for
potential inclusion in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux release for currently
deployed products. This request is not yet committed for inclusion in
I think this is a notification-daemon problem, but it doesn't appear to occur in rhel7, do you think we can close it out?
Closing per comment 10.