Bug 82747 - po/Makefile.in.in broken, redhat-menus.pot doesn't get rebuilt properly
po/Makefile.in.in broken, redhat-menus.pot doesn't get rebuilt properly
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Red Hat Public Beta
Classification: Retired
Component: redhat-menus (Show other bugs)
phoebe
i386 Linux
medium Severity medium
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Havoc Pennington
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2003-01-25 13:38 EST by Daniel Resare
Modified: 2008-05-01 11:38 EDT (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2003-01-25 13:54:04 EST
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Daniel Resare 2003-01-25 13:38:13 EST
Description of problem:

When I was investigating where some translations had vanished, I found that it
doesnt seem like redhat-menus.pot gets rebuilt properly by make. To my untrained
eye the $GENPOT variable needs a definition in Makefile.am.am

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
redhat-menus-0.34-1

How reproducible:
always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. use msgfmt --statistics to find out that redhat-menus.pot has 70 messsages
2. find out that no.po has 87 messages with the same command
3. try to rebuild redhat-menus.po with 'make update-po' only to find out that it
breaks in multiple ways and redhat-menus.pot remains unchanged
4. try '../intltool-update --gettext-package redhat-menus --pot' and notice that
redhat-menus.pot indeed gets rebuilt and now has 87 msgs.
    
The result of all this is that the diffing messages doesn't get translated by
the translators since the don't know that they are there.
Comment 1 Havoc Pennington 2003-01-25 13:52:43 EST
I've seen this problem before, I'm trying to remember how I fixed it.
Comment 2 Havoc Pennington 2003-01-25 13:54:04 EST
Hmm, just re-running autogen.sh seems to fix it. I'll commit the new .pot
to CVS. Thanks.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.