Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 827563
Pulseaudio segmentation fault when enabling bluetooth audio
Last modified: 2012-06-18 15:41:29 EDT
Created attachment 588561 [details]
System log of pulseaudio and bluetooth messages. Shows startup, some volume adjustment, and crash.
Description of problem:
Pulseaudio crashes when enabling a bluetooth headset.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Completely reproducible. Segfaults every time.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Fresh session, observe sound services working properly using built-in sound hardware.
2. Use gnome bluetooth tools to pair / connect to paired headphones.
3. Sound-related services are gone. Observe segfault message in logs.
kernel: [ 171.585363] pulseaudio: segfault at 9000000 ip 42d70ad6 sp bf9ace44 error 4 in libc-2.15.so[42cee000+1a8000]
Beautiful music in my headphones. :)
- Same hardware was working fine in Fedora 16.
- I enabled debug logging in pulseaudio, then I grabbed a log snapshot of the issue. (Attached.)
Can you try the workaround suggested here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=827629#c14
Brendan, thanks so much for pointing this out! I have tried the workaround and it helped me. I have posted a comment on bug #827629 to confirm: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=827629#c19
I noticed that other reporters of this bug are using 32 bit (i686) systems as well. For myself, I have two Fedora 17 systems, one x86_64 and one i686. Only the i686 system has been running into this issue.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 827629 ***