Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 827983
hostapd-1.0 is available
Last modified: 2012-06-08 11:47:15 EDT
Latest upstream release: 1.0
Current version in Fedora Rawhide: 0.7.3
Please consult the package updates policy before you issue an update to a stable branch: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Updates_Policy
More information about the service that created this bug can be found at:
ChangeLog for hostapd
2012-04-18 - v1.0
* Add channel selection support in hostapd. See hostapd.conf.
* Add support for IEEE 802.11v Time Advertisement mechanism with UTC
TSF offset. See hostapd.conf for config info.
* Delay STA entry removal until Deauth/Disassoc TX status in AP mode.
This allows the driver to use PS buffering of Deauthentication and
Disassociation frames when the STA is in power save sleep. Only
available with drivers that provide TX status events for Deauth/
Disassoc frames (nl80211).
* Allow PMKSA caching to be disabled on the Authenticator. See
hostap.conf config parameter disable_pmksa_caching.
* atheros: Add support for IEEE 802.11w configuration.
* bsd: Add support for setting HT values in IFM_MMASK.
* Allow client isolation to be configured with ap_isolate. Client
isolation can be used to prevent low-level bridging of frames
between associated stations in the BSS. By default, this bridging
* Allow coexistance of HT BSSes with WEP/TKIP BSSes.
* Add require_ht config parameter, which can be used to configure
hostapd to reject association with any station that does not support
* Add support for writing debug log to a file using "-f" option. Also
add relog CLI command to re-open the log file.
* Add bridge handling for WDS STA interfaces. By default they are
added to the configured bridge of the AP interface (if present),
but the user can also specify a separate bridge using cli command
- Add wds_bridge command for specifying bridge for WDS STA
- Add relog command for reopening log file.
- Send AP-STA-DISCONNECTED event when an AP disconnects a station
due to inactivity.
- Add wps_config ctrl_interface command for configuring AP. This
command can be used to configure the AP using the internal WPS
registrar. It works in the same way as new AP settings received
from an ER.
- Many WPS/WPS ER commands - see WPS/WPS ER sections for details.
- Add command get version, that returns hostapd version string.
* WNM: Add BSS Transition Management Request for ESS Disassoc Imminent.
Use hostapd_cli ess_disassoc (STA addr) (URL) to send the
notification to the STA.
* Allow AP mode to disconnect STAs based on low ACK condition (when
the data connection is not working properly, e.g., due to the STA
going outside the range of the AP). Disabled by default, enable by
config option disassoc_low_ack.
* Add WPA_IGNORE_CONFIG_ERRORS build option to continue in case of bad
- Send AP Settings as a wrapped Credential attribute to ctrl_iface
- Dispatch more WPS events through hostapd ctrl_iface.
- Add mechanism for indicating non-standard WPS errors.
- Change concurrent radio AP to use only one WPS UPnP instance.
- Add wps_check_pin command for processing PIN from user input.
UIs can use this command to process a PIN entered by a user and to
validate the checksum digit (if present).
- Add hostap_cli get_config command to display current AP config.
- Add new hostapd_cli command, wps_ap_pin, to manage AP PIN at
runtime and support dynamic AP PIN management.
- Disable AP PIN after 10 consecutive failures. Slow down attacks
on failures up to 10.
- Allow AP to start in Enrollee mode without AP PIN for probing,
to be compatible with Windows 7.
- Add Config Error into WPS-FAIL events to provide more info
to the user on how to resolve the issue.
- When controlling multiple interfaces:
- apply WPS commands to all interfaces configured to use WPS
- apply WPS config changes to all interfaces that use WPS
- when an attack is detected on any interface, disable AP PIN on
* WPS ER:
- Show SetSelectedRegistrar events as ctrl_iface events.
- Add special AP Setup Locked mode to allow read only ER.
ap_setup_locked=2 can now be used to enable a special mode where
WPS ER can learn the current AP settings, but cannot change them.
* WPS 2.0: Add support for WPS 2.0 (CONFIG_WPS2)
- Add build option CONFIG_WPS_EXTENSIBILITY_TESTING to enable tool
for testing protocol extensibility.
- Add build option CONFIG_WPS_STRICT to allow disabling of WPS
- Add support for AuthorizedMACs attribute.
- Allow TDLS use or TDLS channel switching in the BSS to be
prohibited in the BSS, using config params tdls_prohibit and
* EAP server: Add support for configuring fragment size (see
fragment_size in hostapd.conf).
* wlantest: Add a tool wlantest for IEEE802.11 protocol testing.
wlantest can be used to capture frames from a monitor interface
for realtime capturing or from pcap files for offline analysis.
* Interworking: Support added for 802.11u. Enable in .config with
CONFIG_INTERWORKING. See hostapd.conf for config parameters for
* Android: Add build and runtime support for Android hostapd.
* Add a new debug message level for excessive information. Use
-ddd to enable.
* TLS: Add support for tls_disable_time_checks=1 in client mode.
* Internal TLS:
- Add support for TLS v1.1 (RFC 4346). Enable with build parameter
- Add domainComponent parser for X.509 names
* Reorder some IEs to get closer to IEEE 802.11 standard. Move
WMM into end of Beacon, Probe Resp and (Re)Assoc Resp frames.
Move HT IEs to be later in (Re)Assoc Resp.
* Many bugfixes.