Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 829352
[abrt] subversion-1.7.4-6.fc17: __GI_raise: Process /usr/bin/svn was killed by signal 6 (SIGABRT)
Last modified: 2013-07-31 21:26:33 EDT
libreport version: 2.0.10
cmdline: svn upgrade
time: Wed 06 Jun 2012 04:11:41 PM CEST
backtrace: Text file, 14836 bytes
dso_list: Text file, 5061 bytes
maps: Text file, 14215 bytes
:1. Checkout a repository with subversion-1.6.x
:2. Take a subdirectory from the checkout and move it outside of the root of the checkout
:3. Enter the moved directory and run 'svn ugprade' with subversion-1.7.x
:4. Subversion will fail as it cannot find the parent directory, the following error message is printed out before the core dump
:svn: E235000: In file 'subversion/libsvn_wc/entries.c' line 1666: assertion failed (parent_node || entry->schedule == svn_wc_schedule_normal)
:a7d01277a5a79897325c2740f58261aaa18d2907 0x416 __kernel_vsyscall linux-gate.so.1 -
:f13e5fa699a7129ee3080ddeb31558ef7578cddb 0x2e95f raise libc.so.6 -
:f13e5fa699a7129ee3080ddeb31558ef7578cddb 0x302b3 abort libc.so.6 -
:7258fe20e1dd7632c7df62804d62a93b5091b4c0 0x2161f svn_error_abort_on_malfunction libsvn_subr-1.so.0 -
:7258fe20e1dd7632c7df62804d62a93b5091b4c0 0x21675 svn_error__malfunction libsvn_subr-1.so.0 -
:0ce1d6551e6e844dbdbc334916d33387981580d6 0x28ab7 - libsvn_wc-1.so.0 -
:0ce1d6551e6e844dbdbc334916d33387981580d6 0x2c2d4 svn_wc__write_upgraded_entries libsvn_wc-1.so.0 -
:0ce1d6551e6e844dbdbc334916d33387981580d6 0x513ec - libsvn_wc-1.so.0 -
:0ce1d6551e6e844dbdbc334916d33387981580d6 0x51a97 - libsvn_wc-1.so.0 -
:7258fe20e1dd7632c7df62804d62a93b5091b4c0 0x397d1 svn_sqlite__with_lock libsvn_subr-1.so.0 -
:0ce1d6551e6e844dbdbc334916d33387981580d6 0x5347d svn_wc_upgrade libsvn_wc-1.so.0 -
:a6d3e8a7f53c0575784fb5ba1446da595716c8b3 0x1938c svn_client_upgrade libsvn_client-1.so.0 -
:297d841696bd8186b117b13599d461343b385af8 0x187c4 - [pie] -
:297d841696bd8186b117b13599d461343b385af8 0x6e67 main [pie] -
:Limit Soft Limit Hard Limit Units
:Max cpu time unlimited unlimited seconds
:Max file size unlimited unlimited bytes
:Max data size unlimited unlimited bytes
:Max stack size 8388608 unlimited bytes
:Max core file size 0 unlimited bytes
:Max resident set unlimited unlimited bytes
:Max processes 1024 24113 processes
:Max open files 1024 4096 files
:Max locked memory 65536 65536 bytes
:Max address space unlimited unlimited bytes
:Max file locks unlimited unlimited locks
:Max pending signals 24113 24113 signals
:Max msgqueue size 819200 819200 bytes
:Max nice priority 0 0
:Max realtime priority 0 0
:Max realtime timeout unlimited unlimited us
:Jun 4 17:12:44 ebony yum: Updated: xmlrpc-c-1.29.3-1703.svn2290.fc17.i686
:Jun 4 17:14:56 ebony yum: Updated: xmlrpc-c-client-1.29.3-1703.svn2290.fc17.i686
:Jun 4 17:30:03 ebony yum: Installed: notify-sharp-0.4.0-0.17.20100411svn.fc17.i686
:Jun 4 17:30:14 ebony yum: Installed: gnome-keyring-sharp-1.0.1-0.10.133722svn.fc17.i686
:Jun 4 18:46:44 ebony yum: Installed: mplayer-common-1.0-0.138.20120205svn.fc17.i686
:Jun 4 18:51:24 ebony yum: Installed: mplayer-1.0-0.138.20120205svn.fc17.i686
:Jun 6 16:11:41 ebony abrt: Saved core dump of pid 13559 (/usr/bin/svn) to /var/spool/abrt/ccpp-2012-06-06-16:11:41-13559 (1728512 bytes)
Created attachment 589924 [details]
Created attachment 589925 [details]
Created attachment 589926 [details]
Can you reproduce this with the 1.7.5 packages in updates-testing?
I tested with a random old 1.6.x checkout with 1.7.5 installed and it worked fine.
I updated to subversion-1.7.5-1.fc17.i686 and the problem is gone, now subversion only prints out a warning message and exits with error code 1 instead of crashing.
There are certain cases which "svn upgrade" will not ever be able to handle. In this case it looks like the state of the subtree was already modifed from the original checkout (maybe an "svn mv" or "svn cp"?). Without the parent node the upgrade cannot be completed; I'd say you should try a new checkout.
I didn't excpect 'svn upgrade' to succeed, the fact that I tried it on a directory that had been taken out of its original tree and had local modifications was an accident. Still I thought signaling the crash made sense as it shouldn't happen during normal operation, even if the checkout is incomplete.
This message is a reminder that Fedora 17 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 4 (four) weeks from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 17. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '17'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 17's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 17 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora, you are encouraged change the
'version' to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 17's end of life.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
Fedora 17 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2013-07-30. Fedora 17 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.