Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 831297
when an operation is canceled, it should show the Cancel status/icon
Last modified: 2013-09-01 06:01:29 EDT
bug #830998 introduces the Cancel button in the GUI to cancel operations.
After you cancel operations, in the operation history view, the status of the cancelded operations shows "Failure" - it should show "Canceled".
git commit to master 66f46cb
Canceled operations that actually were able to be interrupted and canceled will now show a status of canceled with the canceled icon in the history view.
you test this the same way you test bug 830998 - here I am repeating the comment in that BZ https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=830998#c2
1) create a executable shell script that sleeps before exiting - something like:
echo "Sleeping for 60 seconds"
echo "Exiting with exit code 0"
2) Import a platform and create a child resource by manually importing that script as a "Script Server" resource (this is the script plugin).
3) The "Script Server" resource has an operation called "execute". Invoke that operation so your test script is invoked by the agent.
4) When you see the operation history item show up as "in progress" in the Operation>History list, select that "in progress" item and click the "Cancel" button.
5) Wait to see that the operation got canceled. By refreshing the history list, you should see its status change to "Canceled".
6) Create a new compatible group and put your Script Server resource in that group
7) Go to that group's Operation tab and invoke the "execute" operation.
8) Go to the group Operation>History subtab and use the Cancel button to cancel the group operation
9) You should eventually see the GROUP operation show "Failure" (the red failure icon goes in the status) meaning the group operation failed (that is, one or more resource operations did not complete successfully).
10) Drill down into that group operation (double click it) and see that the individual resource operation shows the Canceled status.
Feature enhancement - retargeting at rhq4.5
Bulk closing of items that are on_qa and in old RHQ releases, which are out for a long time and where the issue has not been re-opened since.