Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 832192
Can't select Release Version for system after enabling repositories, syncing, promoting
Last modified: 2014-11-09 17:52:29 EST
Description of problem:
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Katello Version: 0.2.40-1.git.77.2f4983a.el6_3
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upload the fake manifest http://inecas.fedorapeople.org/fakerepos/cds/fake-manifest-syncable.zip
2. Enable repositories for "Nature Enterprise x86_64 6Server"
"Nature Enterprise x86_64 5Server"
"Nature Enterprise x86_64 16"
3. Create an environment if you don't have one already (with prior of Library)
4. Create a system via CLI/API in that environment
5. Edit the system details page, select "16" for Release Version
Can't select, dropdown is empty
Versions are present in the dropdown
Even if you sync and promote the repos into your environment, it doesn't seem to help. However I was able to see Release Versions in the dropdown for real systems that actually registered with rhsm.
This works for me. Be sure to promote the content to the environment the system is in, not just enable repos.