Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 832764
[abrt] solfege-3.20.4-2.fc17: solfege:39:<module>:OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/share/solfege'
Last modified: 2012-09-27 01:00:28 EDT
libreport version: 2.0.10
cmdline: /usr/bin/python /bin/solfege
time: Вс. 17 июня 2012 15:16:48
smolt_data: Binary file, 2254 bytes
:solfege:39:<module>:OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/share/solfege'
:Traceback (most recent call last):
: File "/bin/solfege", line 39, in <module>
: os.chdir(os.path.join(prefix, "share", "solfege"))
:OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/share/solfege'
:Local variables in innermost frame:
:__builtins__: <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>
:traceback: <module 'traceback' from '/usr/lib/python2.7/traceback.pyc'>
:textwrap: <module 'textwrap' from '/usr/lib/python2.7/textwrap.pyc'>
:absolute_import: _Feature((2, 5, 0, 'alpha', 1), (2, 7, 0, 'alpha', 0), 16384)
:sys: <module 'sys' (built-in)>
:__builtin__: <module '__builtin__' (built-in)>
:time: <module 'time' from '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload/timemodule.so'>
:os: <module 'os' from '/usr/lib/python2.7/os.pyc'>
Created attachment 592399 [details]
1. Try to start solfege from the commandline
2. Solfege does not start, but I see the error message in my terminal
Guessing: something went wrong with prefix /usr vs / ?
/bin instead of /usr/bin is ok. But /share does not exist on my system/
(I tried to create a symlink from /usr/share/ to /share.
After that I could start solfege. But I guess that's not the proper way
to fix this?)
OS Release: Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle)
The problem is caused by a change in F17: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove :
- /bin is now a symlink to /usr/bin
- /bin is earlier in the PATH than /usr/bin
- so when "solfege" is executed, it's ARGV will be /bin/solfege
- due to some magic in solfege to determine the prefix for /share (usually /usr), it searches now in /share, since ARGV does not contain /usr anymore
- start "/usr/bin/solfege" (and not "solfege") in a terminal
I have already a patch ready and I'll push out a new solfege package tomorrow.
solfege-3.20.6-2.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
solfege-3.20.6-2.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 17 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing solfege-3.20.6-2.fc17'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
solfege-3.20.6-2.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
solfege-3.20.6-2.fc18 has been pushed to the Fedora 18 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.