Bug 833256 - dracut stopped working with multipath in 019-40.git20120618
dracut stopped working with multipath in 019-40.git20120618
Status: CLOSED RAWHIDE
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: dracut (Show other bugs)
rawhide
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: dracut-maint
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks: F18Alpha/F18AlphaBlocker
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-06-18 23:58 EDT by Bruno Wolff III
Modified: 2012-06-25 19:36 EDT (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2012-06-25 19:36:47 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)
dracut --test output (10.21 KB, text/plain)
2012-06-19 09:28 EDT, Bruno Wolff III
no flags Details
dracut --debug output (12.31 MB, text/plain)
2012-06-19 10:00 EDT, Bruno Wolff III
no flags Details

  None (edit)
Description Bruno Wolff III 2012-06-18 23:58:30 EDT
Description of problem:
I was trying out 019-40.git20120618 because of a problem with 019-16.git20120611 and luks and the kernel update script failed similarly to a problem a few weeks ago that had been fixed. Removing device-mapper-multipath-libs and device-mapper-multipath and rerunning the update script worked.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
019-40.git20120618

Actual results:
# /sbin/new-kernel-pkg --package kernel-PAE --mkinitrd --dracut --depmod --update 3.5.0-0.rc2.git0.3.fc18.i686.PAE
F: installkernel failed in module multipath
mkinitrd failed
Comment 1 Harald Hoyer 2012-06-19 07:19:02 EDT
(In reply to comment #0)
> Description of problem:
> I was trying out 019-40.git20120618 because of a problem with
> 019-16.git20120611 and luks and the kernel update script failed similarly to
> a problem a few weeks ago that had been fixed. Removing
> device-mapper-multipath-libs and device-mapper-multipath and rerunning the
> update script worked.
> 
> Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
> 019-40.git20120618
> 
> Actual results:
> # /sbin/new-kernel-pkg --package kernel-PAE --mkinitrd --dracut --depmod
> --update 3.5.0-0.rc2.git0.3.fc18.i686.PAE
> F: installkernel failed in module multipath
> mkinitrd failed

can you please attach the output of:

# dracut --debug test.img

with the multipath packages installed?
Comment 2 Bruno Wolff III 2012-06-19 09:28:50 EDT
Created attachment 592947 [details]
dracut --test output
Comment 3 Bruno Wolff III 2012-06-19 09:52:51 EDT
The previous dump isn't going to help as I noticed that test.img already existing after a test run (where I didn't end up capturing the output) caused it to fail sooner. Now I am getting hangs partly through the process (in different places) while trying to capture it with script.
Comment 4 Bruno Wolff III 2012-06-19 10:00:49 EDT
Created attachment 592968 [details]
dracut --debug output

It seems something dracut was doing was breaking script. I ended up redirecting standout and standerr and got the output that way.
Comment 5 Bruno Wolff III 2012-06-21 12:07:53 EDT
I restested this with dracut-019-57.git20120620.fc18.noarch and the issue still is happening.
Comment 6 Harald Hoyer 2012-06-25 08:15:07 EDT
next try: dracut-019-92.git20120625.fc18
Comment 7 Bruno Wolff III 2012-06-25 12:57:00 EDT
I tested this with dracut --debut test.img and test.img ius being created now. With the next rawhide kernel build, I'll try it for real and report back. That should happen tonight.
Comment 8 Bruno Wolff III 2012-06-25 19:36:47 EDT
I did a boot off an initramfs and things worked modulo a plymouth bug that has been around a couple of weeks. So I think we can declare this closed.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.