Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 835693
[Agent RPM] Uninstall does not remove preferences folder and xml configuration file
Last modified: 2013-09-11 07:03:43 EDT
Description of problem:
Once agent has been running, the agent will create files in /var/log/jboss-on/agent and /var/lib/agent, which will not be deleted after uninstall.
On the contray, the config file will be /etc/jboss-on/agent/agent-configuration.xml.
Please modify this procedure.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 3.1.0
How reproducible: 100%
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install the agent: rpm -i *.rpm
2. run the agent: service jon-agent start
3. uninstall the agent: rpm -e *
Files in /var/log/jboss-on/agent and in folder /var/lib/agent will be kept, but
/etc/jboss-on/agent/agent-configuration.xml will be deleted.
keep the configurations and logs, remove unrelated files
bz triage 7/2 stefan, loleary, asantos, armine, zjin, viet.
some development activity here to do per discussion.
logs should survive
some question on data file
policy on configuration retention
The retention policy on the following files/folders should be updated to:
1) /var/log/jboss-on/agent - Keep
2) /etc/jboss-on/agent/agent-configuration.xml - Retain if modified
Further investigation is required for /var/lib/agent folder.
Updated retention policy for state directory and agent configuration xml.
The agent has now the following retention policy:
1) State directory - removed by %postun script only on uninstallation, preserved on upgrades
2) agent-configuration.xml- %config(noreplace)
3) Log files - preserved forever
2) this feature is prepared for the future upgrade, only codewalk verified.