Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 835897
agetn rpm - servie jon-agent start doesnt work for first time if before that jar jon agetn has been started via wrapper script
Last modified: 2015-09-02 20:01:05 EDT
Description of problem:
On old infrastructure - when jon server and agent are already installed using zip/jar and jon agetn has been started via wrapper script,
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. install jon server via zip
2. install jon agent via jar
3. start jon server
4. start jon agent wia ./rhq-agent-wrapper.sh start
5. stop jon agent
6. install jon agent via rpm
7. call service jon-agent start
agetn will not be started
jon aetn should be started
as soon as you start jon agent wia wrapper for rpm jon agent and stop it, "service jon-agent start" starts working well.
armine ... can you add logs?
stefan ... can you look at this?
bz triage 7/2 by foley, loleary, armine, asantos, zjin, viet
Just to exclude the following condition, and for comparing the test cases:
1. install server rpm 3.1.0 and agent jar separately, agent has been configured, so it knows where is the server.
2. start the agent via ./rhq-agent-wrapper.sh start
3. stop agent via ./rhq-agent-wrapper.sh stop
4. install agent rpm 3.1.0
5. run agent via service jon-agent start
Result: passed, could not reproduce the bug.
bug is not reproducable for me anymore. neither token, nor any other problem is being visible.
please mark it as worksForMe or Invalid, since it's not visible anymore.
colsing for now, will be reopened if the case is reproduced.