Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 835928
FEATURE: Replace Skynet Editor
Last modified: 2014-10-19 19:01:01 EDT
1. Grab the topic via REST and render it in a different editor in the browser
2. On submit, post it back to the Skynet REST interface
3. Make the editor have things like tag closure
4. Make the editor have client-side xsl transform for live preview
5. Make the editor have WYSIWYM editing mode
6. Make the editor have content enrichment
Everything after 1&2 probably needs to go into a sub-bug.
The thing to focus on here is the topic text editing. All the other metadata stuff can be done with the existing Skynet editor, so:
(a) books might need to have two links, or else
(b) the text editor should have a link to open the Skynet editor in another tab.
1-4 are completed, and checked in to github:
1. It uses JSONP over REST to get the topic
2. then posts it back via a REST proxy running on node.js.
3. Has tag closure.
4. Does client-side xsl transform for live preview
4.5 Bonus - does Docbook DTD validation
NOT DONE YET
5. Doesn't have WYSIWYM mean yet
6. Doesn't have content enrichment yet
- Will probably move the editor code out of the topic-server repository to its own repo
This task is complete for me. I use this editor exclusively to complete my job.
More features will come incrementally, in their own requests.