Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 836179
NPE on deleting a scheduled operation
Last modified: 2012-07-12 08:11:52 EDT
Description of problem:
Trying to delete a scheduled operation causes "Failure in datasource while processing REMOVE request" due to a NPE. No way of deleting scheduled operations from the UI.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Build Number: 516c434
GWT Version: 2.4.0
SmartGWT Version: 3.0
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Create a scheduled operation (I used JBM JMS queue as the resource) which is either to be run later or to run repeatedly.
2.Select the operation in the Operations->Schedules view.
3.Click on Delete, confirm deletion.
"Failure in datasource while processing REMOVE request."
Stacktrace from error details:
--- STACK TRACE FOLLOWS ---
at Unknown.java_lang_ClassCastException_ClassCastException__V(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.com_google_gwt_lang_Cast_dynamicCast__Ljava_lang_Object_2ILjava_lang_Object_2(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.org_rhq_enterprise_gui_coregui_client_inventory_common_detail_operation_schedule_AbstractOperationScheduleDataSource_$copyValues__Lorg_rhq_enterprise_gui_coregui_client_inventory_common_detail_operation_schedule_AbstractOperationScheduleDataSource_2Lcom_smartgwt_client_data_Record_2Lorg_rhq_core_domain_operation_bean_OperationSchedule_2(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.org_rhq_enterprise_gui_coregui_client_inventory_resource_detail_operation_schedule_ResourceOperationScheduleDataSource_executeRemove__Lcom_smartgwt_client_data_Record_2Lcom_smartgwt_client_data_DSRequest_2Lcom_smartgwt_client_data_DSResponse_2V(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.org_rhq_enterprise_gui_coregui_client_util_RPCDataSource_transformRequest__Lcom_smartgwt_client_data_DSRequest_2Ljava_lang_Object_2(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.<anonymous>(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.com_google_gwt_core_client_impl_Impl_apply__Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2(Unknown Source)
at Unknown.com_google_gwt_core_client_impl_Impl_entry0__Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_Object_2(Unknown Source)
Operation should be deleted.
Verified reproducability with RHQ agent operation as well.
Jiri, could you please look into this?
Can you provide more info on how to reproduce the bug? I was trying it on 3 different types of a resource and everything worked well for me. Is the "JBM JMS queue" the only resource causing this bug?
I've tried to reproduce the bug also with EAP 4.3 (production profile) and with the resource JBM JMS Queue. Worked ok!
I was able to produce those results with both the RHQ 4.4 agent operations and operations on JBoss EAP 4.3.0 JBM JMS Queue. The system has been very recently installed with a fresh DB. I am surprised that you didn't get the same results.
I'm currently having my summer vacation and am not really able to dig deeper into this for a while now. However, if there occurs a need for me to log on to my employers network during this time I'll see if I can refine the ticket/reproduction steps.
Is it possible that something in the JBoss JMX/JBM config could cause this? From the stack trace I'd guess that should not be the case? The RHQ installation itself is fairly default, basically only SMTP settings have been changed to match the network/environment.
I checked it and for example this does produce the error for me:
1. Go to any RHQ agent -> Operations -> Schedules
2. Click New
3. Select operation: Get Current Date/Time
4. Schedule using: Calendar
5. Select Now & Repeat
6. Run now and every: 1 minutes for 1 times
7. Click Schedule
8. Go back to Operations -> Schedules page
9. Click on the scheduled operation row
10. Click delete
I tested this today with two agents that are on different Windows platforms and both exhibited the same error and failed to delete the operation. I also have reproduced this using IE8 and SRWare Iron browser.
Tested also with windows platform in IE and it worked