Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 836642
Plugin page displays blank chart and no workflow table
Last modified: 2013-07-31 14:29:14 EDT
Created attachment 595347 [details]
A view of the web page in firefox
Description of problem:
The workflow plugin is able to be enabled and selected in the admin console, but no workflow data is displayed in either the table or the image, and any attempts to push buttons result in a Trac error.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Plugin version 0.12.0.1, Trac version 0.12.3
Every time on multiple Trac projects.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install the plugin package.
2. Open the admin console on a trac project.
3. Open the "Workflow Admin" admin section.
A blank flow graph and no workflow stages.
A table with workflow stages and graph display of the same.
The back trace after pushing a button (in this case the "Move Up" button):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 522, in _dispatch_request
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 243, in dispatch
resp = chosen_handler.process_request(req)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/trac/admin/web_ui.py", line 117, in process_request
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tracworkflowadmin/web_ui.py", line 90, in render_admin_panel
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tracworkflowadmin/web_ui.py", line 405, in _parse_request
params = json.loads(req.args.get('params'))
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 326, in loads
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
I can also provide sections of the produced HTML for the page; there seems to be a table in the HTML but it is not displayed in the browser.
Do you have the 'graphviz' package installed? If not, can you install it and report back please?
Yes, I installed graphviz after I saw that there was a dependence on the graph tools. After installing graphviz, I have since restarted tracd several times, and always see the same workflow display.
FYI, It seems to work just fine on RHEL6 where I did all my testing... so this would seem to me to be a python or other f17 related issue...
This message is a reminder that Fedora 17 is nearing its end of life.
Approximately 4 (four) weeks from now Fedora will stop maintaining
and issuing updates for Fedora 17. It is Fedora's policy to close all
bug reports from releases that are no longer maintained. At that time
this bug will be closed as WONTFIX if it remains open with a Fedora
'version' of '17'.
Package Maintainer: If you wish for this bug to remain open because you
plan to fix it in a currently maintained version, simply change the 'version'
to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 17's end of life.
Bug Reporter: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that
we may not be able to fix it before Fedora 17 is end of life. If you
would still like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it
against a later version of Fedora, you are encouraged change the
'version' to a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 17's end of life.
Although we aim to fix as many bugs as possible during every release's
lifetime, sometimes those efforts are overtaken by events. Often a
more recent Fedora release includes newer upstream software that fixes
bugs or makes them obsolete.
Fedora 17 changed to end-of-life (EOL) status on 2013-07-30. Fedora 17 is
no longer maintained, which means that it will not receive any further
security or bug fix updates. As a result we are closing this bug.
If you can reproduce this bug against a currently maintained version of
Fedora please feel free to reopen this bug against that version.
Thank you for reporting this bug and we are sorry it could not be fixed.