Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 837543
[Indic][iok-i18n] - Application crashes, when opening .mim files from iok menu
Last modified: 2012-07-19 04:50:39 EDT
Description of problem:
When try to open any .mim file through iok menu "Keymap -> Open", the application is crashing immediately. I found 2 methods when the result is the same - a Crash.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Fedora 17 release.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Open iok
2. In the menu, click on Keymap -> Open
3. Select any inscript or inscript2 (tried with bengali-inscript2) .mim file
4. And Click on Open.
5. Again Click on Keymap -> Open.
6. Observe the result
1. Run 'iok -a', select xkb layout (like "xkb-Hindi Wx keymap")
2. mkdir ~/.m17n.d/
3. Copy /usr/share/m17n/hi-phonetic.mim to ~/.m17n.d/hi-phonetic2.mim
4. Run iok -a again
5. In the menu, click on Keymap -> Open
6. Find and select the hi-phonetic.mim
7. Click open.
8. Observe the result.
Method I :
As soon as user click on Keymap -> Open, 2nd time, the application crashes.
g-t message showing : " GLib (gthread-posix.c): Unexpected error from C library during 'pthread_setspecific' : Invalid argument. Aborting.
+ Aborted (core dumped) iok -a "
Method II :
As soon as user clicks on "Open" after selecting the keymap, application crashes.
g-t message showing : "Not a standard keymap file in standard path"
It should not crash by any means.
Relevant existing bugs from the same component :
iok-2.1.3-1.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 17 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing iok-2.1.3-1.fc17'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
iok-2.1.3-1.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.