Description of problem:
the main exec call that occurs at the point you hit the "Run" button is missing the path to the executable /usr/bin/fgfs
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
2. click through to 3rd screen
3. hit run
The third screen shows the following command line:
(If this command line is pasted into a wrapper script and run by itself it launches OK.)
Upon hitting "Run", a log window pops up with "execve: no such file or directory"
Running this using strace shows that the filename argument is missing:
execve("", ["", "--fg-root=/usr/share/flightgear", "--fg-scenery=/usr/share/flightge"..., "--airport=KSFO", "--aircraft=CitationX", "--disable-random-objects", "--disable-ai-models", "--disable-real-weather-fetch", "--enable-fullscreen"], [/* 41 vars */]) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)^M
Running as "fgrun --fg-exe=/usr/bin/fgfs" does not help.
1. fgrun would normally be expected to bring up a first screen in which the paths can be set. This is not shown.
2. The advanced options dialog box shows that the executable is "NOT SET", even when --fg-exe is passed. This dialog does not allow settings to be changed.
fgrun-1.6.1-4.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
You may want to remove previous fgrun settings by removing file ~/.fltk/flightgear.org/fgrun.prefs before testing this update.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 17 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing fgrun-1.6.1-4.fc17'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
fgrun-1.6.1-4.fc17.x86_64 from updates-testing works a treat!
fgrun-1.6.1-4.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.