Bug 838574 - sedispatch fail loop
sedispatch fail loop
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Product: Fedora
Classification: Fedora
Component: selinux-policy (Show other bugs)
rawhide
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: ---
Assigned To: Miroslav Grepl
Fedora Extras Quality Assurance
:
Depends On:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-07-09 09:58 EDT by Bruno Wolff III
Modified: 2012-07-10 06:49 EDT (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2012-07-10 06:49:35 EDT
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Bruno Wolff III 2012-07-09 09:58:09 EDT
Description of problem:
While booting sedispatch went into a loop causing continual writes to my audit log until I set the system in permissive. I started a relabel (which hasn't finished yet). I also tried going back to enforcing and the looping did not (at least so far) restart.
The auidt messages are:
type=AVC msg=audit(1341840269.794:141894): avc:  denied  { read } for  pid=1334 
comm="sedispatch" name="run" dev="dm-1" ino=1835144 scontext=system_u:system_r:a
udisp_t:s0 tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:var_t:s0 tclass=lnk_file
type=SYSCALL msg=audit(1341840269.794:141894): arch=40000003 syscall=102 success
=no exit=-13 a0=3 a1=bfa81b90 a2=48cbeff4 a3=bfa81bce items=0 ppid=1303 pid=1334
 auid=4294967295 uid=0 gid=0 euid=0 suid=0 fsuid=0 egid=0 sgid=0 fsgid=0 tty=(no
ne) ses=4294967295 comm="sedispatch" exe="/usr/sbin/sedispatch" subj=system_u:sy
stem_r:audisp_t:s0 key=(null)

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
selinux-policy-3.11.0-8.fc18.noarch
setroubleshoot-server-3.1.12-3.fc18.i686

How reproducible:
I am not sure yet.
Comment 1 Bruno Wolff III 2012-07-10 06:49:35 EDT
This seems to have been fixed by a relabel (or less likely a package update).
Most likely the labelling got messed up while I was trying to recover from the recent dracut issue. Anyway, this seems resolved now.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.