** Original comment by firstname.lastname@example.org **
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Add sha256sum to Anaconda runtime environment.
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements
RPM signatures are now generated by sha256sum instead of md5sum. The
Anaconda runtime environment does not include sha256sum, but does include
md5sum. Without sha256sum, it is not possible to manually verify package
signatures if there are package integrity problems in the Anaconda runtime
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional
Include the sha256sum command line utility in anaconda such that it is
available in the shell during install.
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how
Red Hat and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is
Press ctrl-alt-f2 during an install to gain a shell prompt, run sha256sum
<some.rpm> and a sha256 sum is returned.
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any
10. List any affected packages
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this
functionality if implemented?
Customer testing should not be necessary.
sha256sum is present in anaconda environment:
[anaconda root@rtt7 root]# which sha256sum
[anaconda root@rtt7 root]# dd if=/dev/zero bs=1M count=1 | sha256sum
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1048576 bytes (1.0 MB) copied, 0.00927672 s, 113 MB/s
[anaconda root@rtt7 root]#
Tested on build RHEL6.4-20121206.0 with anaconda-13.21.187-1.el6.
Moving to VERIFIED.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.