Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 838746
support multiple pids in set_pid_ftrace
Last modified: 2015-02-08 16:38:22 EST
** Original comment by email@example.com **
Description of problem:
1. Proposed title of this feature request
Support multiple pids in set_pid_ftrace
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
Jiri Olsa submitted a patch back in '09 that makes it possible to filter ftrace data based on multiple pid's rather than only one. I believe this patch is now upstream. This doesn't seem to be in RHEL6 yet so could you backport it?
trace-cmd would also need to be adjusted accordingly and support multiple -P options:
trace-cmd record -p function -P 30192,16429
trace-cmd record -p function -P 30192 -P 16429
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
It enhances the functionality of ftrace which they make extensive use of
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 4, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully
The noted above should work
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.