Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 838944
ovirt-engine-backend: when tasks fail on snapshot we change the snapshot status to BROKEN
Last modified: 2016-02-10 11:41:53 EST
Created attachment 597337 [details]
Description of problem:
I failed a delete snapshot task in the spm host and snapshot is getting status BROKEN.
1. even if we decide that the snapshot is no longer usable, BROKEN is not a good way to describe it (I am assuming that this was decided because engine assumes that the chain is broken)
2. vdsm can rollback on some actions and even delete if not yet sent to storage so just because the task failed does not mean that engine should decide that the chain was broken and that the image is no longer usable.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create a vm with large disk -> create snapshots
2. delete a snapshot
3. use vdsClinet -s 0 stopTask <task id> to stop the task
snapshot status will change to BROKEN
1. BROKEN is not a good way to phrase it (even if snapshot is no longer usable)
2. engine has no idea what is the image status so why decide that it is no longer usable and that the chain is broken?
3. in vdsm, if the delete has started there is no way of rolling back and this may cause a snapshot to still exist in db but not in storage. in which case, engine will be the one causing the chain to be broken instead of removing item from db.
Additional info: logs
Closing old bugs. If this issue is still relevant/important in current version, please re-open the bug.