Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 839703
Only RAID0 arrays can contain growable members.
Last modified: 2012-07-12 13:33:13 EDT
Description of problem:
While trying to create a RAID-1 array device from fixed sized RAID partitions received this error.
Only RAID0 arrays can contain grow able members.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install F17 from DVD.
2. Try to create RAID-1 array.
Able to create RAID-1 array.
I just did the following:
- Boot with two disks.
- Enter custom partitioning.
- Clear both disks completely.
- Create a RAID partition of fixed size 4000M on vda.
- Create a RAID partition of fixed size 4000M on vdb.
- Create a RAID1 array using the two aforementioned partitions
with an ext4 fs mounted as the root fs.
It worked as expected.
Please attach the logs from your failed attempt:
Just went back through and found that my spare partition was not set as fixed.
Once I changed it to fixed then the raid device got created. Sorry for the noise.