Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 840199
Last modified: 2012-07-14 10:21:10 EDT
SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT (Final, Single User)
IMPORTANT - READ BEFORE COPYING, INSTALLING OR USING.
Do not use or load this firmware image (the "Software") until you have carefully
read the following terms and conditions. By loading or using the Software, you
agree to the terms of this Agreement. If you do not wish to so agree, do not
install or use the Software.
Created attachment 598233 [details]
The Fedora Project considers a firmware license acceptable if:
* it allows some form of royalty-free use, subject to restrictions that the Fedora Project has determined are acceptable for firmware licenses (see below), and
* it does not restrict redistribution in ways that would make a software license unacceptable under Fedora licensing guidelines, except by:
* requiring that the firmware be redistributed only as incorporated in the redistributor's product (or as a maintenance update for existing end users of the redistributor's product), possibly limited further to those products of the redistributor that support or contain the hardware associated with the licensed firmware; and
* requiring the redistributor to pass on or impose conditions on users that are no more restrictive than those authorized by this Fedora firmware licensing policy.
A non-exhaustive list of restrictions on use that Fedora considers acceptable for firmware licenses are:
* any restrictions that are found in software licenses that are acceptable for Fedora;
* prohibitions on modification;
* prohibitions on reverse engineering, disassembly or decompilation;
* restricting use to use in conjunction with the hardware associated with the firmware license.
This license, while clearly non-free for software, is acceptable under these terms for Fedora Binary Firmware.