Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 840240
virt-manager window immovable when showing a VNC guest display
Last modified: 2012-08-09 19:23:26 EDT
Description of problem:
virt-manager's window sometimes becomes immovable. The necessary conditions to trigger the bug are:
- virt-manager is showing the guest's display, not the Details.
- the guest is configured to use VNC display, not Spice.
Other symptoms when the bug appears are:
- Right-clicking on title bars of windows (ANY windows, not just
virt-manager's) has no effect. It is supposed to pop up a menu.
- Sometimes, when I expect my keyboard input to go to other windows, it goes
to the virtual guest instead.
- If using Gnome Shell: Moving the mouse pointer to the top left corner does
not trigger a switch to the overview.
(Maybe virt-manager holds some kind of an X grab?)
The bug is not specific to Gnome Shell. It happens under LXDE too.
It is a regression in virt-manager-0.9.3-1.fc17. The bug does not occur with 0.9.1-4.fc17.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
very often, but not 100% reproducible
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have a virtual guest configured for VNC display.
2. Run the guest and interact with it via virt-manager.
3. Try to move virt-manager's window by dragging its titlebar with the mouse.
Sometimes the window does not move. If it works for you, try it a few more times.
The window should move reliably.
Urgh, thanks for the report. I reverted the offending commit upstream:
(In reply to comment #1)
I confirm that applying this patch fixes the bug for me. Thanks.
Also affects F16.
virt-manager-0.9.4-1.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
virt-manager-0.9.4-1.fc16 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 16.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 17 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing virt-manager-0.9.4-1.fc17'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
virt-manager-0.9.4-1.fc16 has been pushed to the Fedora 16 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.
virt-manager-0.9.4-1.fc17 has been pushed to the Fedora 17 stable repository. If problems still persist, please make note of it in this bug report.