Created attachment 598454 [details]
A patch for installed rules file
Description of problem:
Udev rule for XCM utilities fails with such messages:
Jul 16 15:37:24 lightnote udevd: failed to execute '/usr/lib/udev/xcmddc' 'xcmddc --i2c /dev/i2c-4 --identify': No such file or directory
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Just install xcm.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Install xcm.
2. Reboot or reload udev rules.
3. Look at syslog for udev error messages.
Udev error messages are logged every time the system boots or udev triggers to reload.
No error messages. The i2c dev entries are created with proper group and permissions.
1. It seems that specifying an absolute path to xcmddc in the last rule resolves the problem.
2. Should those /dev/i2c-* files, that a setting up with in this udev rules file, be world writeable? For, as I understand, the user, logged in X11 session, becomes a member of a 'video' group, so that 0660 or 0664 modes could be quite enough for normal functioning.
Sorry for the long reply, can you forward the patch upstream ?
I will fix the path side of the issue for now.
Thx for your report.
xcm-0.5.1-1.fc18 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 18.
xcm-0.5.1-1.fc17 has been submitted as an update for Fedora 17.
* should fix your issue,
* was pushed to the Fedora 18 testing repository,
* should be available at your local mirror within two days.
Update it with:
# su -c 'yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing xcm-0.5.1-1.fc18'
as soon as you are able to.
Please go to the following url:
then log in and leave karma (feedback).
Sent patch to Oyranos SF tracker.
Don't know if I've done right or it would be better to add a bug.