Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 840737
After the upgrade from glusterfs 3.2 to 3.3, the content of stipe and distributed-stripe is not available in mounted directory
Last modified: 2013-12-08 20:32:36 EST
Description of problem:
After performing the migration from 3.2 glusterfs to 3.3 glusterfs, tried mounting the stripe and distributed stiped volumes. The data is not available in the mount directory.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Use glusterfs 3.2 and create the stripe and distributed-stripe volumes.
2. Mount these volumes and upload some data.
3. Upgrade the glusterfs version to 3.3
4. mount(using glusterfs or nfs) the stripe and distributed-stripe volume.
5. Data is not available to the mounted directory
Data is not available to the mounted directory
Data should be available
Confirmed that the data is available at the backend bricks.
Shishir, please mark this for a known issue (in migration guide) and then add the text.
if we make sure we pass on only 'readdir()' calls down and not 'readdirp()' calls, this should work out...
people should perform 'ls -l' and the distribute should have 'use-readdirp=no' option, with md-cache(stat-prefetch) disabled. need to test this, and see if it works. If works, can close this with a doc update.
A work around to mention in the doc is as follows:
Before re-mounting the volume under 3.3
1. 'gluster volume set <volname> stat-prefetch off'
Mount with this xlator option enabled
2. --xlator-option *.use-readdirp=no
3. Run find . |xargs stat on the mount
4. After step 3 is completed, the volume can be used with stat-prefetch and doing a normal mount
We can't fix this issue in the current releases, as this is a migration from non-gfid backend to gfid based backend.