Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 841072
RFE: Email management functions for users
Last modified: 2015-07-28 22:49:15 EDT
Description of problem:
Each user can only validate a single email address, and email address changes are not visible through the UI until they are successfully validated.
The UI should:
- show email addresses that are awaiting validation.
- show email addresses for which all validation links have expired
- allow users to have validation emails re-sent (this could expire any previous validation links for the address).
- show previously validated email addresses.
- allow users to set any validated email address as their contact address.
- allow users to delete any email address that is not their primary contact address (for non-validated email addresses, this could expire all validation links for the address).
- the target page of validation links could offer to use the validated address as the contact address.
- users trying to add an address that is already validated for themselves would be asked if they want to use it as their primary address.
- users trying to add an address that is in their validation queue would be offered to re-send validation email.
- email addresses in validation queue of other users should not be taken into account for detecting duplicate emails (to prevent accidental or purposeful locking-up of others' email addresses).
We need to narrow down the scope of this feature. More discussion to follow.
Reassigned to PM
Migrated; check JIRA for bug status: http://zanata.atlassian.net/browse/ZNTA-213