From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Description of problem:
I have a LG L1710S LCD Monitor. Anaconda detects it correctly but when
starting the X server the monitor goes blank with "out of sync", seconds later
the X server dies and Anaconda displays that he cant write to the display.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. put in CD and start computer
2. wait for anaconda to detect and start X
3. see output
Actual Results: error out with "can't write to DISPLAY:1"
Expected Results: X server with Anaconda in graphical mode
Anaconda detects the graphic card correctly (Intel 82845G [sees at i810 I
think]). Problem is, X sync is set too high for the Monitor type, or set too
Please try booting with the options:
and let me know if that helps.
I can't confirm that yet, but I tried Phoebe RedHat Beta and the installer
starts fine without any problems.
I tried to boot with this option, but I still have no output.
Are you saying the installaer came up fine w/o the 800x600 option?
Closing due to inactivity. If you have new information to add please reopen the
I have the same problem running the red hat 9.0 setup. The
command "linux lowres" fix that, but when it finish the installation
of packages I have to configure the video. The anaconda detected
that I have "S3 Pro Savage KM166" but I have a "S3 Pro Savage DDR" I
let the driver that the anaconda detected and the settings of
resolution. Then when I clicked finish, and the system reboot and
finish up loading everything, during the startx the monitor came out
black with the message "Sync. out of range".
I ran the red hat 9.0 setup again but a chose "S3 Savage (Generic)".
Then I reboot the system and there was the same problem "Sync. out
I try for last with the same driver "S3 Savage (Generic)" but I
change the resolution to 640x480 and the color depth to 256 colors
(8bits). This solve the problem and finally I can see the GUI. The I
try to change the resolution to 800x600 and I had the same problem
Sync. out of range". I have tested too many times and always happens
the same thing.
Sorry for my bad english