Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 842363
Weird behavior when renaming tabs in tabbed layout
Last modified: 2015-01-05 20:34:22 EST
Description of problem:
Strange behavior occurs when trying to rename the tabs in tabbed layout. There are pencil icons disappearing and appearing on the tabs and they don't behave as one would expect.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Sign in as root.
2. Go to Site Editor > Add new page.
3. Fill in the name, next.
4. Choose "Tabs Page Config", next.
5. Switch to "Containers" tab in Page Editor. You should now see the tabs as displayed in screenshot 1.
6. Move over the top container and click the pencil icon to edit it.
7. Click "Save" (no need to change anything).
8. You can see that a tiny pencil icon appeared next to each of the tabs now (see screenshot 2). Click the pencil icon on one of the tabs.
The pencil icon disappears and reappears with different operations, e.g. when changing the view mode or editing a container. You can't rename the tab after clicking it, you are editing a different container. To change the label of the tab, you actually need to edit the container inside it.
The pencil icon works intuitively and doesn't "randomly" appear and disappear.
Created attachment 599810 [details]
Created attachment 599811 [details]
Created attachment 602093 [details]
Bug 842363 patch
This patch should be applied in /branches/EPP_5_2_Branch directory.
Bolek recommends to apply this patch after 5.2.2.