red-config-samba will not allow more than one user when added with specific users
Operating System: Red Hat 8.1 Beta 4
Server (and Generation): All
Steps to reproduce:
1) Install Red Hat 8.1 Beta 4 (grub/everything)
2) Open a terminal and type "redhat-config-users"
3) Click "Add User" and add two users (test/test2)
4) Click File and Quit
5) Open a terminal and type "redhat-config-samba"
6) Click "Preferences" then "Samba Users"
7) Click "Add User" and add the users you made (test/test2) and click "OK"
8) Click "Add" in the Samba Server Configuration
9) Create Samba Share panel comes up
10) Add "/tmp" for the Directory and enter "test" for the Description
11) Click the "Access" tab and select "Only allow access to specific users"
12) Select the two users (test/test2) and click "OK" and hit "ctrl q" to quit
13) vi /etc/samba/smb.conf and go to the end of the file
14) Notice only one user was added to the smb.conf file
15) *NOTE* if three users were added only 2 will show (off by one)
Is the issue reproducible? yes
Action by: Bryan.Leopard
ISSUE TRACKER 15647, opened as sev 3.
Should be fixed with redhat-config-samba-1.0.4-1. QA, please verify.
FROM ISSUE TRACKER
Event posted 02-20-2003 07:04pm by ltroan with duration of 0.00
Note: not fixed in pre-beta5.
Latest rev is redhat-config-samba-1.0.4-1.noarch.rpm on
Event posted 03-10-2003 12:34pm by Bryan.Leopard with duration of 0.00
Not fixed in beta 5. Fails when adding 3 or more users (beta 5)
Beta 5 contained redhat-config-samba-1.0.3-1. The latest GinGin tree contains
redhat-config-samba-1.0.4-1, which should fix the problem.
FROM ISSUE TRACKER
Event posted 03-25-2003 03:53pm by Bryan.Leopard with duration of 0.00
Still a problem in the GM product.
There is a stack of 64 bugs that have been in Modified state for a long period
of time. I am closing these as Rawhide now. If you find that the issue is not
fixed, please reopen this report.