Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 843566
Content Search - Repos: Remove superfluous search filter for Packages/Errata dropdown
Last modified: 2014-09-18 12:41:55 EDT
Description of problem:
In the Packages/Errata view, there is an associated picker which, when clicked, exposes a filter bar. However, this filter bar is not for the content within the view, it is for the contents within the picker itself.
When the picker only had two options, this is unnecessary, and in fact confusing in the UI.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. sync a rhel repo
2. Content Search, in the left pane, choose a content type of "repos"
3. In the first repos field, search for Red*
4. In the search results, hover over one of the content markers and choose either "Packages" or "Errata"
5. On the ensuing results view, atop the results, there is a "Show ________v" dropdown. Click it.
6. In the resulting search box, enter text, thinking this is a search filter for the results below.
No matches because this _isn't_ a filter for the results below. It is a filter for the contents of the dropdown box itself (i.e., try typing 'Erra' in this box)
We don't need this search box when there are only two options in this dropdown. It also is misleading, as users might think they're filtering on the search results, and this isn't the case.
[11:28] <cswiii> that seems like a bit of overkill
[11:28] <cswiii> when there are two dropdown options
[11:31] <ehelms> I would agree, built-in to the plugin, which we can fork and update
Created attachment 600550 [details]
possibly disable the filter since it is such a short list
Fixed as of 7535868e43d7375bb20c69214485fa6d5835eca7
getting rid of 6.0.0 version since that doesn't exist
These bugs have been resolved in upstream projects for a period of months so I'm mass-closing them as CLOSED:UPSTREAM. If this is a mistake feel free to re-open.