Bug 84385 - segfault on upgrade
Summary: segfault on upgrade
Status: CLOSED NOTABUG
Alias: None
Product: Red Hat Raw Hide
Classification: Retired
Component: rpm (Show other bugs)
(Show other bugs)
Version: 1.0
Hardware: All Linux
medium
medium
Target Milestone: ---
Assignee: Jeff Johnson
QA Contact: Mike McLean
URL:
Whiteboard:
Keywords:
Depends On:
Blocks:
TreeView+ depends on / blocked
 
Reported: 2003-02-15 11:21 UTC by Daniel Resare
Modified: 2007-04-18 16:51 UTC (History)
0 users

Fixed In Version:
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Environment:
Last Closed: 2003-02-25 00:07:20 UTC
Type: ---
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
CRM:
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---


Attachments (Terms of Use)

Description Daniel Resare 2003-02-15 11:21:45 UTC
Description of problem:

When trying to track down the lockup problems in #81645 i ran into some
semi-reproducible segfaults from rpm.

The operations i try is to upgrade packages on a phoebe2 system to latest
rawhide. For example when i try 'rpm -Uvh libxml*' it segfaults
repoducibly now. If i try 'rpm -Uvh libxml2*' i get hit by #81645 instead.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
rpm-4.2-0.66
glibc-2.3.1-45
kernel-2.4.20-2.48

How reproducible:
sometimes, when it segfaults once it often does that the next time you try also,

Additional info:
I managed to get a stacktrace of the segfault.

#0  0x42074e22 in _int_malloc () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#1  0x42074112 in malloc () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6
#2  0x400a28b1 in headerNEVRA () from /usr/lib/librpmdb-4.2.so
#3  0x400ac54c in rpmdbNextIterator () from /usr/lib/librpmdb-4.2.so
#4  0x40070bad in rpmtsRun () from /usr/lib/librpm-4.2.so
#5  0x400607a2 in rpmInstall () from /usr/lib/librpm-4.2.so
#6  0x0804b459 in strcpy ()
#7  0x420154a0 in __libc_start_main () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

Comment 1 Jeff Johnson 2003-02-20 16:27:24 UTC
I can't "semi-reproduce" this bug, the command
    rpm -Uvh libxml*
upgrades fine for me.

If you want me to look further, then I need the output
of the "rpm -Uvv ..." command that segfaults, and "rpm -qa" to
figger what you have installed.

Comment 2 Daniel Resare 2003-02-22 22:44:45 UTC
I can't reproduce myself since i did 'rpm --rebuilddb'. Perhaps someone else has
an rpm db in this state that can help with the debugging.

Comment 3 Jeff Johnson 2003-02-25 00:07:20 UTC
I cannot reproduce this problem.


Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.