Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 844048
RFE: errata.listPackages API shall return associated package list also for unpublished errata
Last modified: 2013-10-01 17:44:39 EDT
Description of problem:
API call "errata.listPackages" retunts no result if the erratum is unpublished.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create Custom channel "aaaaaa"
2. With the help of "rhnpush" push two packages in the channel.
3. Create errata "test_erratum"
4. Execute the following script
import sys, xmlrpclib
client = xmlrpclib.Server(RHN_SERVER, verbose=0)
key = client.auth.login(RHN_USER, RHN_PASS)
API call "errata.listPackages" returns empty list of packages if erratum is not published.
API call "errata.listPackages" returns the list of packages even if erratum is not published.
This could be a regresion. The behaviour the same for Sat 5.4.1 and Sat 5.5.0.
Accorging to JUnit test:
at some point it was working.
Definitely not a regression. We never had the code that would support package list of unpublished errata within the errata.listPackages API.
changing in upstream ...
844048 - let errata.listPackages API return also packages associated with unpublished errata
- changing hibernate mappings from date to timestamp to keep the time within the dates in the API output
- removing unused methods and query
- list of errata packages get taken out of hibernate objects instead of making additional cached statement queries and creating extra dto objects (side effect: faster API)
Satellite 5.6 has been released. This bug was tracked under the release.
This bug was either VERIFIED or RELEASE_PENDING (re-verified prior shortly
Moving to CLOSED CURRENT_RELEASE.
Text from Upgrade Erratum follows:
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.