Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 844196
[RFE] Support Adding and Removing Instances from a Running Application
Last modified: 2012-09-28 13:11:42 EDT
This is a request to support adding additional instances and removing instances from a running application in conductor. This functionality would allow a user to:
1. Scale up and down an application to accommodate increased demand.
2. Add/Remove specific components from their application.
3. Add images which contain newer binaries to their application.
Here is an example simplified workflow in the User Interface for adding an instance.
1. User Selects the Application in Conductor User Interface.
2. Within the Application Detailed view the user has the option of selecting a button labeled "add instance(s)".
3. This takes the user to a screen where they can select additional images to launch. They can select the image and specify a quantity (with a maximum limit which is specified in a global configuration space, maybe default to 3 maximum).
4. The user can also specify to save what will be the resulting application to a new application blueprint.
The removal workflow would be simpler. It would be beneficial if this could be exposed through the API so external programs could utilize it, for example, a monitoring system.