Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 844219
JBoss AS 7 standalone server is not expanded in tree of the GUI if the initial availablity status is 'DOWN'
Last modified: 2012-07-30 12:47:44 EDT
Description of problem:
The children resources of the top level imported server can not be listed in GUI if the initial availablity status is 'DOWN'.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Start a jboss as7 standalone server, which does not install RHQ admin user yet
2. Start the agent which is located at same machine as jboss as7 standalone server
3. Import the discovered jboss as7 standalone server to RHQ
4. The availablity status of jboss as7 standalone server is 'DOWN' now.
5. Schedule an operation of 'Install RHQ user' to the as7 server.
6. Wait until the availablity status is 'UP'.
7. Then the tree in the left panel should be able to be expanded to list all sub resources
8. Click on 'Children resources' in 'Inventory' tab, all sub resources should be listed.
1. The tree in the left panel can not be expanded.
2. Nothing is listed in the 'children resources' in 'Inventory' tab.
1. The tree in the left panel can be expanded after a while.
2. All sub resources are listed in the 'children resources' in 'Inventory' tab
This is clearly an outcome of our current discovery model.
We can unfortunately not run a discovery when the user has invoked the "install RHQ user" operation with success.
So the user has to wait until the next discovery round for the AS7 instance.
This is not an as7 bug per se.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 828329 ***
This bug corresponds to the use case here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=828329#c1