Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 844311
rawhide X crashes with qxl driver and hangs console
Last modified: 2014-08-04 18:09:36 EDT
Created attachment 601163 [details]
Description of problem:
X hangs the console when running with qxl on kvm guest.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. net install latest rawhide (via f17 boot.iso) as kvm guest
2. boot with selinux=0 (to workaround systemd storage subsys problem)
3. additionally boot with runlevel 3
2. hangs as soon as firstboot tries to start after rhgb
3. running X from console immediately hangs system
no hangs of console and X to run
kvm host is F17
cirrus driver works
Kernel is kernel-3.6.0-0.rc0.git2.1.fc18.x86_64
Could you please test the update on bug 844463 comment 14? if it helps then please close as a duplicate (or I will when I notice), Thanks,
Given lack of response, just assuming it's a dup of the mentioned bug. Jens, please reopen if you are still seeing this.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 844463 ***
Thanks, sorry for not responding earlier...
I haven't seen any more crashes since well before Alpha. :)