Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 845273
Unable to remove custom repo while red hat repo sync in progress
Last modified: 2013-12-17 15:09:13 EST
Created attachment 601958 [details]
Description of problem:
I can't delete custom repo while red hat repos are being synced.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
- Build: RHEL-6.3-RHUI-2.1-20120801.0-Server-x86_64-DVD1.iso
1 of 1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. add and sync rhel 5 and rhel 6 repos
2. while they're syncing, create custom (unprotected) repo and push content to it
3. while the rhel 5 and 6 repos are still syncing, try to delete the custom repo
4. custom repo not deleted; second retry of the repo fails with "unexpected error" and .rhui/rhui.log shows two stack dumps:
- cant delete <custom> repo; already in progress
- <custom> repo can't be deleted
Unable to remove custom repo while sync of (big) rhel repo is in progress
Custom repo is removed OK
See the screen log attached
Created attachment 601959 [details]
Screen log 1
Probably not a bug, as the repo eventualy disappeared...
we can probably stand to improve the messaging here some to let the user know that the delete has just been queued, and so it didn't happen immediately. We can look at this for 2.1.1.
I've reproduced the bug and it seems that the issue consists in multi-threading. There are only 4 threads available, so when they are occupied, another tasks are queued. As soon as one thread will finish his task it will delete the custom repo awaiting in the queue. So the delete of the custom repo will happen only after the sync that could take pretty much time.
Improved messaging to inform the user that delete task have queued:
Move to Verified.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.