just to have this tracked in windows builds...
+++ This bug was initially created as a clone of Bug #846005 +++
Description of problem:
auto-add Hot Key combos to "Send key" menu. Because Hot Keys are always captured by virt-viewer, there is currently no way to pass them to the guest.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. run remote-viewer from RHEV-M User Portal OR from spice-xpi test page with "Hot Keys" field including "release-cursor=shift+f12"
2. try to make shift-f12 key combo reach the guest
there's no way to make shift-f12 reach the guest
user can send shift-f12 to the guest
* shift-f12 is a default keyboard shortcut for cursor release in RHEV-M/oVirt
* shift-f12 is used in web browsers to run web developer tools
* shift-f12 is used in OpenOffice/LibreOffice to toggle bullet lists
Dependent bug missed 6.4, when this goes into 6.5 we can see if we can get a .Z but it's not likely.
Sent patches to the ML:
This bug is currently attached to errata RHEA-2013:15512. If this change is not to be documented in the text for this errata please either remove it from the errata, set the requires_doc_text flag to
minus (-), or leave a "Doc Text" value of "--no tech note required" if you do not have permission to alter the flag.
Otherwise to aid in the development of relevant and accurate release documentation, please fill out the "Doc Text" field above with these four (4) pieces of information:
* Cause: What actions or circumstances cause this bug to present.
* Consequence: What happens when the bug presents.
* Fix: What was done to fix the bug.
* Result: What now happens when the actions or circumstances above occur. (NB: this is not the same as 'the bug doesn't present anymore')
Once filled out, please set the "Doc Type" field to the appropriate value for the type of change made and submit your edits to the bug.
For further details on the Cause, Consequence, Fix, Result format please refer to:
Thanks in advance.
Since the problem described in this bug report should be
resolved in a recent advisory, it has been closed with a
resolution of ERRATA.
For information on the advisory, and where to find the updated
files, follow the link below.
If the solution does not work for you, open a new bug report.