Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 846683
Package re-pushed after resigning is displayed twice in channels
Last modified: 2012-09-21 09:27:11 EDT
Description of problem:
Package is displayed twice after it was re-segned with different key and re-pushed to a channel.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Red Hat Network Satellite v 5.4.1
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a channel ABCD
2. rhnpush -c ABCD XYZ.rpm
3. re-sign package XYZ.rpm using different key (rpm --resign XYZ.rpm)
4. rhnpush -c ABCD --force XYZ.rpm
When displaying packages in channel ABCD, package XYZ is displayed twice
When displaying packages in channel ABCD, package XYZ should be displayed just once
The package is just displayed twice, both links to packages point to the same location.
Created attachment 603061 [details]
Screenshot showing the duplicated package
New reproducer - containing specific channel and package names:
Package python-2.6.6-29.el6.x86_64.rpm attached.
1. Create a channel testcase in satellite WebUI
2. rhnpush -c testcase python-2.6.6-29.el6.x86_64.rpm
3. re-sign package python-2.6.6-29.el6.x86_64.rpm using different key (rpm --resign python-2.6.6-29.el6.x86_64.rpm)
4. rhnpush -c testcase --force python-2.6.6-29.el6.x86_64.rpm
Created attachment 603193 [details]
Package for reproducer
This is expected, we know of different NEVRA with different keys for packages. As such, what your seeing to me is expected, unless the switch to allow multi-nerva is disabled, in which case the force upload would/should fail.
Michael should be able to confirm this for me.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 846938 ***