Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 849423
Not able to Automatic Login while AutomaticLoginEnable = true in custom.conf
Last modified: 2012-08-21 17:53:22 EDT
After an new installation of fedora 17 on 19 august 2012 and updated the system I tried several times to automatic login by changing the automatic Login in the user accounts. While automaticLoginEnabl=True and the account name is correct in the file custom.conf GDM still ask to login after restart. (Previous installation of federa 17 worked fine)
# GDM configuration storage
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): GDM 3.4.1?
How reproducible: always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Enable automatic login with user account
2. Checked AutomaticLoginEnable is true and AutomaticLogin is my account in custom.conf
3. Restart system -> GDM ask to login
4. Disable and enable again doesnt change anything
- Not able to login automatical (result is nothing)
- Expected to login automatical after AutomaticLoginEnable is set to true.
Additional info: -
GDM automatic login worked the next day without any change. (Strange, because I even checked the custom.conf)
Tested again by switching the automatic login off in user account and restart (had to login) and switched again to on and restart and automatic login works without problems.
Bug can be closed I suppose.