Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 849658
ovirt-engine-backend [Shared_Disk]: cannot change shared disk name while its in active state
Last modified: 2016-02-10 13:19:28 EST
Created attachment 605709 [details]
Description of problem:
I could not change a shared disk name while it was still active in some of the vm's its attached to.
Error while executing action: Cannot edit Virtual Machine Disk. At least one of the VMs is not down.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. create and attach a shared disk to several vm's with rhel6 OS installed
2. run all but one of the vms
3. try to change the disk name in the vm which is in down state (since we cannot edit a disk while the vm is up, one of the vm's have to stay down).
4. deactivate the disk on all vm's
5. try to change the disk name
while at least one of the vm's has the disk in active state we cannot change the disk alias
if all disks are deactivated or vms are all down we can change the name.
we should be able to change the alias even if the vm is running and the disk is active (since it's a db change).
Additional info: log
Closing old bugs. If this issue is still relevant/important in current version, please re-open the bug.