Bug 850613 - Project-wide search & replace does not pick up all applicable strings at once
Project-wide search & replace does not pick up all applicable strings at once
Product: Zanata
Classification: Community
Component: Usability (Show other bugs)
Unspecified Unspecified
unspecified Severity unspecified
: ---
: 2.0
Assigned To: Runa Bhattacharjee
Ding-Yi Chen
Depends On:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2012-08-21 21:13 EDT by Yuko Katabami
Modified: 2013-03-03 21:22 EST (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
Fixed In Version: 2.0
Doc Type: Bug Fix
Doc Text:
Story Points: ---
Clone Of:
Last Closed: 2012-11-13 03:05:18 EST
Type: Bug
Regression: ---
Mount Type: ---
Documentation: ---
Verified Versions:
Category: ---
oVirt Team: ---
RHEL 7.3 requirements from Atomic Host:
Cloudforms Team: ---

Attachments (Terms of Use)

  None (edit)
Description Yuko Katabami 2012-08-21 21:13:37 EDT
Description of problem:
When performing project-wide search&replace, I have noticed that all searched strings are not picked up and shown on the list in once. It takes a several times to cover all applicable strings.

Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 1.6

How reproducible:
So far, it is reproducible almost every time, provided that there are a large number of strings containing the searched word.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Run a project-wide search and replace the searched word in all listed strings.
2. Once replaced, remove the keyword from the field.
3. Go back to the index page.
4. Perform search & replace with the same keyword again.
5. Replace a searched word in all listed strings again, and repeat the steps from 2 to 4, until no strings are listed.
Actual results:
It takes several times to cover all strings.

Expected results:
All strings containing the searched word should be listed in one page at once.

Additional info: I can point my currently working project if you need to look into it. Please ping me any time.
Comment 1 Yuko Katabami 2012-11-13 01:56:54 EST
I have checked the project-wide S&R on both internal and external instances of Zanata.
It seems that problem has been solved since upgraded to 2.0.
Please close it now.
If I find the same problem occuring again, I will reopen this.

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.