Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 852022
Unable to activate/plug a disk created on POSIX compliant FS storage type to VM.
Last modified: 2016-02-10 12:33:34 EST
Description of problem: After adding a disk to VM, activating disk operation fails.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup RHEV environment
2. Create Datacenter with Storage as gluster mount (POSIX compliant FS).
3. Create a virtual machine on this storage.
4. Add a pre-allocated disk (10g in this case) to virtual machine.
5. Make sure all storage domains are active.
6. Activate this disk when ready.
Actual results: Failed to plug the disk TEST-001_Disk2 to VM TEST-001 (User: admin@internal).
Expected results: Should successfully plug the disk to VM.
Additional info: I could activate the disk after a vdsm restart.
Doesn't seem to be a gluster issue
Looks like a vdsm issue. Moving to RHEV-M.
please provide engine and vdsm logs from time of error
Please provide logs, errors etc.
I could not reproduce this. Activating both thin and thick disk works fine now. I shall provide the necessary logs if I happen to hit this again. Please mark this bug accordingly.
Please close it as INSUFFICIENT_DATA. Will reopen with requested info if it ever reproduces. Thanks.