Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 85284
Problems with UTF-8 in mc-4.6.0 (in virtual consoles)
Last modified: 2015-01-07 19:03:58 EST
Description of problem:
When I upgraded from phoebe to phoebe-3, I noticed that release version of mc-4.6.0
has probably problems with frames and browsing through dir. structures in
(due to UTF-8 as I expected). As soon as I downgraded to mc-4.6.0-pre1,
the problem disappeared.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Upgrade from redhat 8.0.93 to 8.0.94
2. launch mc in a virtual console
Problems with UTF-8 charset.
To customize mc-4.6.0 to be able to display results in the same way as
Reportedly this is fixe4d in mc-4.6.0-3 and slang-1.4.5-15
at ftp://people.redhat.com/jakub/mc/ .
I haven't checked yet though.
I installed both "slang-1.4.5-15" and "mc-4.6.0-3".
For me this version reintroduces the bug where Midnight Commander hangs (with
eating away CPU time) at displaying the 'Info' panel (F9 -> 'left' -> 'Info').
This bug was fixed for me in "mc-4.6.0-1".
I installed only "mc-4.6.0-3" (and leave slang-1.4.5-14)
and mc seems to work correctly (including correctly displayed panels).
Wrt comment 2: Please file a separate bug if the problem persists.
Wrt comment 3: If this issue is fixed this report can be closed.