Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 853136
[RFE] copy template action in REST-API
Last modified: 2016-02-10 15:26:37 EST
1. Proposed title of this feature request
copy template action in REST-API
2. Who is the customer behind the request?
Account name: ASML Netherlands B.V.
TAM/SRM customer: no
Strategic Customer yes/no: yes
3. What is the nature and description of the request?
They want the "Copy template" action to be available from the REST-API
4. Why does the customer need this? (List the business requirements here)
They have a template-intensive environment. On average 20-50 templates a day will be created with a losely calculated max of 200 a day.
Templates will be created automatically via a script and need to be available on all datastores before they are to be used by the end users.
Not having the template copy action in the REST-API makes it impossible to automate this process and generates a lot of manual labour.
5. How would the customer like to achieve this? (List the functional
Be able to call the copy template action from the REST-API
6. For each functional requirement listed in question 5, specify how Red Hat
and the customer can test to confirm the requirement is successfully
7. Is there already an existing RFE upstream or in Red Hat bugzilla?
8. Does the customer have any specific timeline dependencies?
ASAP. They'd like to see it included in 3.1
9. Is the sales team involved in this request and do they have any additional input?
10. List any affected packages or components.
11. Would the customer be able to assist in testing this functionality if
the supported way of copying the disks of a template to other storage domains is by using the copy disk option?
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of bug 851099 ***