Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 853328
Need clarification in "9.3. Register the Work Definition" for Guvnor/Designer
Last modified: 2013-01-20 22:40:28 EST
Description of problem:
"9.3. Register the Work Definition" describes how to register custom WorkDefinitons. It's effective for JBDS BPMN2 process editor but not for Guvnor/Designer.
So the request is:
1. Mention that it's an instruction for JBDS BPMN2 process editor
2. Add an explanation for Guvnor/Designer
Guvnor/Designer is based on repository so there is no mechanism to pick up the definition from the jar. The sequence is:
- You create and open a BPMN process from Guvnor
- Designer gets the package information from Guvnor via Rest API
- If there is no WorkDefinition in the package, Desinger pushes the default WorkDefinition from designer.war/defaults/WorkDefinitions.wid.st to Guvnor repository
- Once WorkDefinition is stored to repository for the package, Guvnor/Designer will use it. Designer renders Sarvice Task pallete based on the WorkDefinition.
- You can edit the WorkDefinition from Guvnor as described in "5.5. Domain-Specific Service Nodes"
Currently moving the BPM Guide into CCMS. Have made a few changes to the Register the Work Definition section. Once I have the rest of the BPM guide transfered over, I will have the information Brewed.
Changes Brewed to http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_BRMS_Platform/5/html-single/BRMS_Business_Process_Management_Guide/index.html#Register_the_Work_Definition
Updated information regarding how custom work item definitions apply to JBoss Developer Studio. The paragraphs have been altered to adjust this minor change within the text; in addition, I linked back to "Defining Domain Specific Service Nodes" to provide information for non-custom Work item Definitions.
> Changes Brewed to http://documentation-devel.engineering.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_BRMS_Platform/5/html-single/BRMS_Business_Process_Management_Guide/index.html#Register_the_Work_Definition
> "If you are not registering custom work definitions, you can edit work definitions as described in Section 5.6, “Defining Domain-Specific Service Nodes”. "
is not correct wording.
The motivation of this BZ is that "9.3. Register the Work Definition" may cause confision for Guvnor/Designer users because drools.rulebase.conf doesn't work for Guvnor/Designer. So something like "If you want to add/edit work definitions in BRMS user interface, please refer to Section 5.6..." would be fine?
Text changed to "To update work defintions in the JBoss Enterprise BRMS user interface, please refer to Section 5.6 Defining Domain-Specific Service Nodes." Thanks for the heads up.
- Just waiting on Brew update.