Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 855327
Describe recommended replication topologies
Last modified: 2014-07-29 16:25:57 EDT
Created attachment 610701 [details]
Topology diagram with 12 servers
Describe what we recommend as replication typologies.
Here are several principals that need to be followed:
1) Put IPA servers into each of your main data centers.
If you have a small branch office you might put a replica there to or it can be connected using SSSD caching capabilities.
2) We recommend at least 2 servers per data center
3) We do not recommend more than 4 servers per data center
4) Each server should have replication agreements with at least two other servers so that if one of the servers goes down there are no orphans.
5) The recommended number of the replication agreements per server is 2-3. 4 is maximum recommended
6) The rules above lead to "cell based" configuration when a set of servers form a cell of more tightly replicated servers and then the cells are loosely coupled to each other.
The attached diagrams show the potential configuration. They are just an example that illustrates the rules and principles described above.
Created attachment 610702 [details]
Topology diagram with 16 servers
Mass closure. These bugs were live in RHEL 6.5.