Red Hat Bugzilla – Bug 85570
Panel locks in move mode
Last modified: 2007-04-18 12:51:50 EDT
Description of problem:
It has happened several times that panels get locked in "move mode". This
results in the cursor becoming a move icon, and trying to left-click on icons in
other panels results in moving the panel concerned to the location of the other
panel. I have to ctrl-alt-backspace to get out of it - very irritating.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
The version shipped in phoebe beta 3.
Sometimes (at least after a fresh install)
Steps to Reproduce:
I think it occured once after I removing the rhn-applet from the systray - not
sure though, but it also has happened other times.
Everywhere you click on the screen, the panel will move there.
It should not lock in move mode.
I have finally found an exact series of actions that activate the bug.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. Make sure there are two edge panels (let's call them panel A and panel B)
2. Make sure there is an applet in panel A (I'm using the Workspace switcher
applet when doing this)
3. Right-click on the applet in panel A and select Move (cursor turns into a
cross-arrow indicating we're in move mode)
4. In move mode, left-click the other panel (panel B) so that the applet moves
to the panel B
5. Now, right-click the applet (which is now in panel B) again and select Move
(as if you just changed your mind)
6. Done (the bug is now activated). If you left-click panel A again to move the
applet back, *the whole panel* B will instead move to the same edge as panel A.
What's worse, wherever you left-click after this will move panel B which makes
ctrl-alt-backspace the only option to get back to a session where you can work
This is patched upstream, we'll get the fix with new panel versions
(may already be in rawhide, if not should be soon)